Archive for June 29, 2013
Sometimes, I think clowns rely on talking too much. This clown does a great job entertaining without having to talk. His routine would work well in places where the clown and audience don’t speak the same language.
Alex the Clown from Russells International Circus talks about how he became a clown, what it take to become one and what his act comprises of this year.
News for Clowns of All Ages – Episode 6 – New Clowns Part 1
Sir Toony Van Dukes presents another episode of News for Clowns of All Ages, a production of The Clown Network. This episode is for those clowns who are just getting started. Sir Toony Talks about joining national, regional, and local clown organizations; finding clown training and attending conventions; and shares a few jokes. In the episode, Sir Toony mentions a lot of groups and websites including:
- The Clown Network
- Just For Clowns
- Clowns of America International
- World Clown Association
- International Shrine Clown Association (ISCA)
- Circus Magic Convention
- Mooseburger Clown Arts Camp
- Mid Atlantic Clown Association (MACA)
- South East Clown Association (SECA)
- Texas Clown Association
- Western Region Clown Association
- Midwest Clown Association
- International Brotherhood of Magicians (IBM)
- Society of American Magicians (SAM)
- Strutter’s Complete Guide to Clown Makeup by Jim Roberts
- Starring Mike Becvar as Sir Toony Van Dukes
On July 1, 2013 membership dues to Clowns of America International (COAI) will increase by $5.00 to $45.00/year. You can save that $5.00 by renewing prior to July 1, 2013. You can securely renew your membership on the COAI Website: http://www.coai.org/.
- Sign In
- Click on Membership Info located on the right side.
- Click on Securely renew your membership now.
- Then just work through the screens. After clicking on your membership type, the screen will refresh and you’ll get the additional family members block. Put in the number of family members you have. If you have no additional family members you need to put 0 in the box.
- Then select either Bill Me or pay with your credit card. If you select Bill Me then we will send you an invoice through email. Simply print out the the invoice and send it in with your check.