Are you a current member of Clowns of America, International? If you think you have what it takes to lead the group and help get it back on track financially, maybe you should run for office. COAI sent the following information about the upcoming elections.
2014 COAI Elections – Declaration of candidacy
To hold an office in COAI, all candidates (at the time of their declaration):
- You must have been a member in good standing for the last 24 consecutive months
- You must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age (Regular, Senior or Life Member only)
- Only one member of your household may serve on the Board at the same time.
A candidate is not eligible to be elected to a COAI office if he or she is a voting officer of any National or International Clown oriented organization. This does not apply to regional or local clown organizations such as your local alley.
If you desire to place your name on the ballot for election and you meet all the criteria, you must:
- Submit a written declaration of your candidacy of not more than 250 words.
- Submit a non-clown photo at the highest resolution (megapixels) possible or one not larger than 5×7.
- Please include full name, address, phone and email address. All positions are open for declarations( except the office of President which must be submitted by someone within the present COAI Board).
Submissions must be mailed and postmarked by January 15, 2014 to the 2014 COAI Election Coordinators listed below. We suggest you send everything in early and not wait for the deadline. International candidates should check to see how long it will take for their mailing to arrive in the States. Late mailings will not be accepted. All declarations sent to any other address will be disqualified.
Send your written declaration and photo to the 2014 Election Coordinators at the following address:
Cheerful Clown Alley 166
C/o Mary “Charmin” Whipple
P.O. Box 2192