The following email came from Cheri Oats about the upcoming COAI Convention…
The Clown Education Promotions, llc. is
Proud and Honored To Host
The 2014 Clowns of America International Convention
Camp Co-Ai 2014
April 29 – May 4 at the Wyndham Hotel in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
This convention is open to everyone: clowns, teachers, magicians, jugglers, twisters, or
face painters – there is something for everyone.
We invite you to come to Camp CO-AI.
Do you need a break from snow and cold? The only snow down here is Snow White. Put away your boots, hats, and snow shovels and come to Florida for educational experiences, games, and laughter.
There will be wonderful educational opportunities to hear from various board members and fourteen lecturers from all over the country as well as COAI competitions and contests galore. Here are some of the contests that we’re looking forward to:
- MERIT BADGES will be given for all the events and for attendance at lectures. Those with the most badges will win prizes at the end of the convention.
- FLASHLIGHT DECORATING will be a People’s Choice Award. Who goes to camp without a flashlight? Remember those nights when all the lights went out? Be prepared and don’t leave home without it.
- SPOOKY STORYTELLING AROUND THE CAMP FIRE night will award a $50 prize for the best spooky story presentation. Think about it! Practice your best storytelling techniques and let your peers decide. $50 can go a long way at the Camp Store or Disney.
- BUILD A SOCK PUPPET CLASS in the evening. All materials will be provided. All puppets will be displayed and a prize will be given to the best sock puppet; in addition, an instructor will try to arrange a fun skit with all the puppet people. After the puppet show you can buy the other sock and wear it home – just kidding.
- FREE FORM FACE PAINTING is another People’s Choice Award. Paint anything you like. The only limit is the competition time: that will have thirty minutes. There will be glitter, feathers, jewels, and fun! Get your roommate or friend to be your model. This will take place before the General Membership meeting on Wednesday.
- BALLOON CONTEST is also a People’s Choice Award. Have fun and be creative. Go for the gold; don’t settle for bronze or silver. Have fun.
- GROUP CONTEST: There will be a monetary award for the cabin that wins the scavenger hunt. Come see how the cabins are selected, meet all kinds of new people, and find out what the winners receive. How good are you at finding clues?
There will be jams every night, hosted by many of your friends and members of your clown family.
If this isn’t enough, wait until you see the prizes in the Camp Store – you will have to come to find out what kind of prizes will be handed out. Sound interesting?
Don’t forget to enter all the traditional competitions as well: make up, single skits, group skits, face painting, balloons, and, of course, the Convention Best in Clown Award.
Can you remember camp when you were younger? We are going to bring back some of those great feelings, but this time we will be in a beautiful hotel (no tents here), have Disneyworld at our back door (it may be a little Goofy), great food (s’mores of course), and wonderful camaraderie. Are you ready for camp?
Haven’t signed up yet? There is still plenty of time.
Don’t forget to reserve you room. Room rates may go up if the block is filled.
Can you see yourself in the next New Calliope accepting winning awards?
How many do you think you can get?
SEE YOU AT CAMP CO-AI